*This post includes affiliate links
With tomorrow being the first of November, I’ve got Thanksgiving and the holidays on the brain. The holidays always seem to remind us of what we’re thankful for and how special our families are. Closer to Thanksgiving, I’ll be sure to post an entire blog dedicated to all of the legit things I’m thankful for and people who are amazing and deserve a shout out, but today, I’m letting my weird out. You can’t say that you don’t have tons of weird things you like… so I know you feel what I’m putting down, haha!
So as embarrassing/funny as it is, with 25 days left until Thanksgiving, here’s 25 weird things I’m thankful for!
1. Chick-fil-a. Not just #1s, not just Chicken, Egg & Cheese Bagels, but everything in between. Thank you for being my go-to breakfast and lunch at least once a week, if not more. Where else can you drive through and still get a healthy meal…. or a not-so-healthy one sometimes?
2. My husband’s sense of humor. My husband embarrassed me to the max at this Halloween party the other night, but I can’t even be mad. I just have to laugh because he cracks himself up so hard and he loves getting other people laughing. So if he wants to expose his sexual truths, say dumb things that don’t make sense and put on a way thicker Southern accent than he really has for a laugh… I’ll be thankful and laugh right alongside him.
3. Sisters who cannot be grossed out. In case you didn’t know guys, us girls aren’t as prim and proper as you may think. Cheers to sisters who will sit in the bathroom and talk to you when you’re going #2, discuss weird vagina issues at the dinner table and cuddle you even when you haven’t showered for a couple of days.
4. Dry shampoo. Lord almighty, thank you for dry shampoo. Nothing can save a bad hair day better than a can of Batiste… and I swear by it.
5. Partly cloudy days. Yes… as you all know, I am a lover of the sun, but every once in a while, a sort of cloudy day does just the trick. It most likely means it feels wonderful outside, there’s a slight breeze and it’s the perfect time to grab lunch outside with a friend.
6. Any type of French Vanilla Iced Coffee. If you’re having a bad day, need a pick-me-up and or just need to satisfy a craving… this is a winner. Whether you’re getting my ever coveted Skinny Vanilla Latte from Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts’ Iced Lite Vanilla Latte or just an Iced French Vanilla Coffee from Chick-fil-a, you can’t beat it!!
7. Fall Cleaning. Okay… hear me out on this one! I HATE fall cleaning, I really do, so much that I’m thinking about hiring someone to do it this year, but I love that we’re forced twice a year to do the deepest clean you’ve ever done on your home. There’s no better feeling than when all of the door knobs and light switches are sanitized, the baseboards and fans are free of dust, the carpet is steam cleaned and the windows are spotless. It feels so good and makes the holidays so much more enjoyable.
8. Random National Holidays. I don’t know why, but it makes my day when I find out it’s National Ice Cream Day or National Sisters Day. It’s especially the best when places give out free things, like National Doughnut Day! Have you ever participated in National Talk Like a Pirate Day? lol.
9. Febreze with Gain. This is the best thing since sliced bread. I am constantly spraying my closet to keep everything smelling fresh. It’s the best for when your husband comes home and takes off his stinky shoes or when you need to make an outfit last one more time before washing.
10. My Mom & Mom-in-Law’s Cooking. No matter how hard I try, my cooking never seems to taste like my mom’s. My husband is pretty close to his mom, but there’s something so homey about going to one of their houses and eating yummy Southern food that tastes like childhood and you don’t have to work for!
11. Grocery Rewards Program. I know I mentioned these before in my How to Live on Less Money post, but in case you can’t tell, I’m in love with them. I love going to Kroger and ringing up everything just to see all of my discounts and earning tons of rewards points to use for money off of gas! I always try to beat my family to the pump to use all of the rewards points… wait that makes me kind of selfish.. haha.
12. Credit cards that tell you your credit score. I am OBSESSED with checking my credit score and trying to improve it… pretty much on a daily basis. I don’t know what I would do if I had to pay to figure it out or had to go to one of those sites to request one. My credit card tells me where I’m at on that specific day, what has changed, what I still need to fix, etc. It’s seriously the greatest.
13. Super Bowl Commercials. Yes, I know that’s random and that most people watch the Super Bowl for oh… I don’t… the football game? But I watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. It may be because I work in advertising, but there is something so invigorating and creative about them and I can’t wait every year to see what they come up with.
14. Auld Lane Syne. I can’t explain it, but there is something that makes me so emotional about this song. I suppose it’s because the New Year is always bittersweet… it’s sad that another year of life has passed us by, but it’s so exciting to think about all that is to come that year. It doesn’t matter when it is that I hear this song though, I’m immediately a little teary-eyed.
15. Mobile Bank Deposits. Thinking back to when I was 15 and working and having to go to the bank to deposit my check makes me cringe. Even thinking back to a few years ago when I’d have to run to an ATM and put it in. The day Wells Fargo came out with an option to deposit my check on the app by just taking a photo changed my life. I am forever grateful and forever lazy.
16. Apple Products. I never knew what I was missing out on until I ditched my lime green Dell laptop and black droid phone for a MacBook and an iPhone4 and I was amazed at the difference. My husband actually recently decided to try something new with a Moto and after seeing it, I’m convinced I’ll be an Apple lover forever. Nothing works quite like my MacBook Pro and now iPhone7 and doing life without them would be so difficult!
17. Apps. I know this seems silly, but seriously, this is another way that my life has been made so much easier. I track how far/fast I run, what I eat, do my banking, keep in touch with friends, listen to music, order pizza, work on my blog, watch TV and more all from those little tiny squares on my phone screen. How did we live before when we didn’t have cell phones?
18. Lazy weekends. As boring as it may be, sometimes you just need a lazy weekend. My husband and I, a few weekends back, had a day, where after throwing some laundry in the wash, just laid around and watched TV and napped and ate and napped some more and it was glorious. These have to be few and far between to make life interesting, but sometimes they’re definitely a must.
19. Weekends that you’re so busy it goes by in a flash. Yes, this is contrary to #18, but you really need a little bit of both. Weekends that you take trips out of town or fill with friends and family are the ones you’ll never forget and are totally worth being tired on Monday.
20. Cookie Dough Ice Cream. My real true love. 😉 Edy’s or Coldstone is my favorite. Nothing fixes a bad day, satisfies a hankering or makes for a better after-dinner snack. It’s not healthy that’s for sure, but it’s healthy for your soul… right?
21. The Guide Button on the Remote. Children of this day and age will never know the struggle of watching the TV Guide channel, but man, it was a struggle. Watching intently to see what was coming on your favorite channels only to get distracted and miss it all together. The TV guide button on the remote was one of man’s greatest inventions.
22. Positive Quotes. After my aunt passed away, I was going through a hard time and my assistant at work printed out all of these pretty positive quotes, cut them out and put them on my desk. They made my day and I loved them so much that now they’re taped all over my computer and shelves. Each day they remind me how precious life is and how you should try your best to be happy and not let it pass you by.
23. Making lists. This probably would make some people crazy, but there’s nothing that makes me feel more accomplished than making a list. I make them of all of my bills and what I paid each month, what I need to do each day, what goals I have for the week, for my grocery shopping… the list goes on and on… see what I did there. 🙂
24. Plastic Sheet Protectors. This one is really weird, but I can’t leave it out. As a child, I would always play pretend and act like I was a teacher. It was my favorite thing to flip through my binders of sheets in plastic sheet protectors to look for “my students’ worksheet” or to organize my papers. To this day, when I flip through plastic page protectors it gives me a weird sense of satisfaction and I can’t explain why.
25. Binge-Worthy Shows. Okay, after reading this back, I sound super lazy and hungry, but that’s not true all of the time! Legit though, Law & Order: SVU has saved me from many bored days. Where would I be without loads of Grey’s or the ability to re-watch Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl, The O.C., or One Tree Hill all at my fingertips?
So there you have it, my countdown for the next 25 days until Thanksgiving and tons of weird things about me. What weird things are you thankful for?
C’est la vie,