*This post contains affiliate links
Y’all… the first day of Fall is this week. How crazy is that?! I swear it was just the new year, just my wedding, just the beginning of summer… yet here we are with the first day of Fall just 3 days away. I know in the past, I’ve told y’all how I deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder so usually the first day of Fall is a sad thing for me, but for some reason, this year, I’m feeling a lot more excited and actually ready for it. I think part of it has to do with me getting older, not being out of school for the summer and it being excessively hot here in the South, but also, there’s just a lot of great things about Fall. So, here’s 20 reasons I’m excited for Fall!
1. Cooler weather. Like I said, it’s brutally hot in the South during the summer. So I’m just excited not to sweat through my clothes, to be comfortable spending time outside and to breathe in some air that’s not so humid.
2. Colorful leaves. There’s nothing quite as beautiful as the leaves when they change in Fall. It always sneaks up on me, but the day I step outside and see those beautiful shades of yellow and red, it makes my heart so happy.
3. Pumpkin patches. I LOVE pumpkin patches! They’re one of my favorite places to visit during the Fall and my friend Maggie and I have a yearly tradition of going together. We make sure to get us some Starbucks, pick out the cutest pumpkins in the patch and, of course, take some cute Insta-worthy photos.
4. Pumpkin carving. You are never too old for pumpkin carving! My husband and I always make a point to do this together and it’s so much fun. My jack-o-lanterns are usually a funny face or pretty flower and his are most often something related to the Georgia Bulldogs.
6. Cinnamon brooms. If you’ve never bought a cinnamon broom, drop what you’re doing and go get one now. You can find them at the grocery store for less than $10 and they make your home smell SO good!
7. Socks & boots. Of course my toes love being free in a good pair of sandals, but there’s something so comfy about warm socks and boots. Plus, they’re so cute. I seriously can never have enough pairs of boots and booties.
8. Chunky sweaters. So comfy, so cute… and my food baby is free to hang out with no one even knowing. Yaaassss!
9. Cuddling under blankets. My husband is always hot, so when it gets a little cooler outside and I can convince him to cuddle under blankets with me, it’s the best!
10. Bonfires. Bonfires are one of those things you don’t realize you miss until you’re able to have them again. There’s nothing quite as fun as sitting around the bonfire, listening to music, chilling out with friends and eating s’mores.
11. Sitting by the fireplace. Who doesn’t love sitting by the fireplace? It’s so warm, cozy and romantic. Cue more cuddling under blankets.
12. Driving with my seat warmers on. So sometimes I do use my seat warmers during the summer, but mostly, they’re reserved for fall and winter and I love them!
13. Mountain trips. Going to the mountains is my favorite. I adore the mountain towns and little shops, I love how beautiful the landscape is and there’s nothing quite like the crisp mountain air.
14. Yummy soups. Soup is always good, but for the most part, I switch it out for salad during the hot summer months. I’ve already planned to make my favorite taco soup one day this week for dinner and I foresee plenty of Panera trips in my near future.
15. Fall premieres of my favorite shows. I literally have had NO TV to watch lately and although I know my husband has been glad because he has been able to binge watch football, I cannot wait for my favorite shows to come on again this Fall. Where have I been without Grey’s, Quantico, Scandal and The Bachelor?
16. Holidays. Everything is happier during the holidays! I can’t wait to dress up for Halloween, to eat all of my favorite foods on Thanksgiving and to decorate for Christmas!
17. Corn mazes. Corn mazes are so much fun, no matter what age you are. I love all of the festivities, apple cider and hay rides!
18. Hot chocolate. Yum!!!
19. Seasonal decorations. In case you didn’t gather this from before, I love to decorate for the holidays. Not only will I have out my cinnamon broom and pumpkin candles, but also I’ll have my favorite jack-o-lantern wreath, my Give Thanks mason jars and glitter pumpkins everywhere!
20. Christmas shopping. I always start Christmas shopping early and I love doing it online, but I also live for the Black Friday rush and walking the mall with Christmas carols playing. It’s seriously the best time of the year.
So many reasons to be excited for fall! 🙂 What are your favorite things?
C’est la vie,