Happy Thanksgiving y’all! I can’t believe it’s already here! I know I amused you guys earlier this season with my 25 weird things I’m thankful for post, but there are some legit things I’m really super thankful for. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here’s one comprehensive list of all of the things (that I can think of at the moment) that I’m thankful for.
1. The family I have had and still have. We’ve lost a lot of beautiful, special family members along the way and I’m so thankful to have known them. I’m also really grateful that we have those of us who are left, to keep us all from falling apart.
2. Parents who unconditionally love me… and each other. Watching my parents love each other and defy all odds set some really great foundation for me to build my marriage upon and man… is their love unconditional. Sometimes, I wonder how they got through my teenage years.
3. A husband who understands, loves, challenges, humors and cares for me. I’m not a simple girl and finding someone who can understand my strong emotions and opinions, who loves me even at my worst, who can make me laugh and also fight with me on things when I want him to isn’t easy. He’s a gem and I’m so thankful.
4. Sisters who are always there when I need them. It doesn’t matter what I need them for, they’re there to take care of me and to love me and to best of all… cuddle! 🙂
5. Pups who can turn any bad day around. I am so blessed to have a sweet black lab named Champ and my favorite girl (she’s basically a human) Chihuahua Bailey. Although sometimes it’s annoying, their abundance of kisses, snuggles and love is something I can’t imagine my life without.
6. A job that allows me to grow. First and foremost, I’m so glad to have a job. There are people out there who are unemployed and worry about where their next meal will come from. I’m blessed to have a career that I not only enjoy, but also that allows me to live a comfortable life.
7. Friends that make life more fun. I seriously don’t know what I would have done without my best friend coming over to spend the night while Bryan was out of town. Having people in my life who listen to me vent, love doing seemingly pointless things with me and laugh at my awful jokes definitely make life more fulfilling.
8. A warm home and good food. It really troubles me to think about all of the people who are homeless this time of year… or who can’t afford a yummy Thanksgiving dinner. I’m thankful to be so blessed that I don’t have to feel hungry or cold or lost.
9. A savior that died on the cross for my sins. I usually stray away from religion on my blog because I know it is so touchy, but I am so grateful to have a faith that helps me get through bad times and a future lying ahead that is eternal bliss.
10. A car that not only gets me from point A to point B, but also warms my bum and let’s me listen to Pandora. Coming from someone whose car used to make awful noises, barely got warm in the winter and lost radio signal all the time… I’m thankful I was able to buy my own vehicle and that it provides comfort and transportation.
11. Senses that are intact. Sometimes I have to remind myself how lucky I am that I can hear beautiful music, taste delicious foods, smell my Sweater Weather wallflowers, see the faces of my loved ones and feel my husband’s warm feet in the bed.
12. Readers who always have such kind things to say. Writing a blog is really scary at times, but I’m extremely lucky that I have avid readers who always encourage me to keep writing. It’s the best feeling when I walk into a store or hear from old friends who say they read my blog and love it.
13. A boss who is understanding and encouraging. My boss may give some of the weirdest compliments, but he’s a really great guy. I was lucky that he was so accommodating when both my uncle and aunt passed away just a few months apart. I’m lucky that he has given me opportunities to challenge myself, grow as a person and grow my paycheck. I’m lucky that he’s really cool and makes this stressful office also a fun place to work.
14. Co-workers who are willing to help out. My co-workers might very well be some of the coolest people on the planet. They always have your back and they never judge you when you get out of hand at the Christmas party. 🙂
15. Living in a country where I’m safe and free. We all too often take this for granted. We fuss and cry about not getting our way, but never remember how lucky we are that we can verbally do that without punishment. It’s such a blessing to live in a country where we can feel safe for the most part, where democracy is still alive and where we are free.
16. Clean water and clean air. Not to say our water and air are perfect, but I can’t imagine how hard it would be to live in some parts of Africa where access to clean water is so limited or China where the air quality is so poor.
We all have SO much to be thankful for and honestly I could probably write for days about it, but it’s time for turkey and dressing! I hope you all enjoy lots of great food, family time and naps today. 🙂
C’est la vie,