Today I have completed yet another orbit around the sun. I’ve lived 9,125 days; a quarter of a century… 25 years. My life has changed so much in the past few years. I think back to when I turned 23 and wrote the post 23 Reasons Being 23 is Awesome and giggle to myself a little about how I was going to “build up a sweet savings account”, how I wasn’t “ready to live with a man” and how I was “hotter than ever” lol. I’m really excited for year 25 and for what lies ahead, but today I’m reminiscing on all that I’ve learned from the past, so here you have it, the 25 things I’ve learned in my 25 years of life.
- Taking care of your body needs to be a top priority, always.
- Fries aren’t good reheated, but leftovers are your best friend.
- Quality is better than quantity when it comes to friends.
- Roku is like Netflix on steroids… hello Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO Go, etc.
- The only thing or person that can make you happy is you.
- Your relationship is not a game nor a power struggle, it’s the best friendship you can find and should be taken the best care of.
- Long distance friendships are hard, but just because you talk less doesn’t mean you love each other any less.
- Sexism is a huge issue… that still exists today. I’ve learned the hard way to never let a boss tell you that you have to wear your hair up and pants everyday to be more mature and masculine.
- We too easily take people for granted and you’ll always wish you spent more time with someone after they’re gone.
- Listen to old people’s advice, they really do know what they’re talking about.
- Be spontaneous, but don’t make rash decisions.
- Not everyone has your best interest at heart.
- Don’t be so quick to judge people; give second chances, that’s how you find the most beautiful souls.
- Credit cards are the devil.
- A comfy bed is a good investment, no matter the price.
- Political opinions don’t need to be stated in a way that infers that everyone agrees or should agree…we’re all entitled to our own opinions.
- Demand respect and you will receive it.
- Your soulmate will love you unconditionally even when you look like Frankenstein with a wet bun and no makeup… don’t settle for someone who won’t.
- It’s okay and even sometimes good to go to bed mad.
- Don’t let past mistakes haunt you, you wouldn’t be where you are without them.
- Life goes by faster with every passing year, so try to slow it down and enjoy little moments.
- Parents are a treasure…make sure you let them know that.
- Don’t hold back for fear of what others will think… I was always afraid to write, I still kinda am.
- Doing things brings much greater joy than having things.
- 25 is not old… not in the slightest!
Cheers to making year 25 the best year yet! 🙂
C’est la vie,